Saturday, June 28, 2014

A New Direction, A New Location


It has been almost a year since my last post. I have been working hard at charting a new course. Textiles and patterns have always fascinated me. When Spoonflower launched I was sure they had opened just for me. After the first blush of creative excitement began to fade I realized that I wanted to make beautiful complex patterns for home decor, apparel and paper goods. Practicing on the weekends and whenever I had a spare moment was great but not quite enough. Last summer about this time I discovered Skillshare. Two wonderful classes were giant steps to getting serious about pattern design. Kristi O'Meara's class got me totally hooked on pattern design. Then I worked through Majo Bautista V's class. It was a follow up post from Kristi that introduced me to Pattern Observer and Michelle Fifis and her team at the Design Lab. I am now part of a great community of designers who are so interested in patterns, design and taking things to the next level. It has been a rush of activity, learning, growing and new friendships. Above is a screen shot of  my new site and blog at s-nussbaumer.com  this is where I will be posting and sharing my pattern journey. Take a look around, leave a comment. Let me know what you think. Sign up for my newsletter for sneak peaks at new patterns and the latest at my Etsy and Spoonflower shops. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment