Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hopeful Planning






















The seed catalogs have been arriving since late January. They came from organic companies, big companies, small regional growers all with full color glorious photos of the promise of summer. I look quickly and then glance out at the deep snow covering the yard. It is too early to get excited. Yesterday during a long wait a garden doodle began to unfold in my sketchbook. A plan for my ten foot by ten foot plot at the community garden was off to a great start. Adapting the square foot idea helped determine how to use the space. I'm hoping for maximum productivity. Getting an early start, and planting progressively through the season is the big goal. Clusters of plump tomatoes, abundant zucchinis, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, and beans all danced through my head. Oh I'm already overcome with garden fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment